I am currently receiving various certifications in UX/UI but here is a sampling of my past experience:
Marketing & Communications Director
Motivated leader with 15+ years of experience executing marketing strategies through targeted, multi-channel campaigns across print, web, and social media outlets. Creative, deadline-driven content creator, UX/UI and graphic designer and social media strategist with deep technical acumen and expertise in non-profit and education sectors. Recognized for managing multiple projects with minimal resources achieving business goals and far-reaching community benefits.
- Design/UX-UI/Front End Development
- Graphic Design
- Digital Marketing Strategy
- Content Development
- Project Management
- Search Engine Optimization
- Online & Print Advertising
- Social Media Marketing
- Partnership Building
EARTHSHARE WASHINGTON Seattle, WA
Marketing & Communications Director | July 2013 - Present
Direct and manage marketing strategies and outreach campaigns driving program awareness, attendance and audience development for local non-profit organization and robust partner community. Consult with business leaders to define and implement employee engagement programs ensuring consistent messaging and content usage. Conduct A/B testing and enhance user experience (UX) from content consumption to call-to-action (CTA).
- Managed UX/UI implementation and improvements based on user research to improve user satisfaction and drive donations and interaction.
- Raised over $800K in annual funds for local Seattle organizations directing 30+ campaigns simultaneously.
- Increased independent online communications 160% in 2 years initiated search engine optimization and content strategy aligned with major environmental causes to drive interest for target audiences.
- Grew email subscription lists 245%, from 1100 to 3800 subscribers, by improving email opt-in forms, customizing landing pages and segmenting targets by interest and relationship.
- Developed content strategies and content calendars for internal organization and 60+ partners engaging 4000+ donors through targeted communications.
- Ideated and launched online fundraising platform with volunteer tracking feature used by 22 local charities, spearheading communications strategy (print buys, online marketing) for Earth Day Challenge initiative.
- Drove Facebook paid advertising campaigns securing 10K views and 200 interactions weekly, managing ad schedule and placement on limited budget for annual Earth Day event promotion.
- Introduced video campaign strategy orchestrating and executing 12 campaigns for internal social media channels at partner organizations from scripting to video production oversight.
- Implemented SEO tools and strategy running GoogleAd grants for non-profit campaigns, generating linking strategy with Twitter and Facebook, and targeted landing pages.
Communications Manager | May 2008 - July 2013
Developed communications and in-house collateral for corporate sustainability initiatives generating consistent flow of content for corporate communications partners segmented across diverse audience types. Conducted market research for social media strategy development. Delivered content, design, and pre-press for print collateral. Hired and managed 2 seasonal outreach specialists. Initiated multifaceted social media marketing (SMM) strategy creating and managing
Facebook pages and Twitter feeds for organization and annual Earth Day event.
- Designed and deployed Drupal based website for both external audiences and partner communications.
- Executed Twitter strategy gaining 1200 organic followers to increased reach of member charities, informing audience of major issues affecting the local environment.
- Established a strong brand identity with highrecognition in marketplace as major entry point for first-time environmental donors giving members access to new information on niche issues and organizations.
- Improved member charity interaction by re-engineering website from Wordpress to Drupal website enabling content submission and access for public and private consumption.
- Amplified audience engagement by delivering tailored messaging leveraging Salesforce, proprietary database, email marketing platform and Microsoft BI to identify trends and track campaign performance.
PARK HILL SCHOOL DISTRICT Kansas City, MO
Program Specialist | Education Center Director | July 2000 – Oct 2007
Managed $365K program budget and $2M property budget annually overseeing recruiting, hiring, and management of 120+ full-time and contract staff. Headed program development, event planning, and public relations (PR) for school and community center. Led content creation for print and web-based marketing communications.
- Designed and deployed online enrollment website.
- Developed marketing plan and launched website yielding 3% year-over-year increase in online enrollment reaching over 12,000 enrollments by 2007.
- Reduced printing and postage costs 20% by initiating web-based marketing strategies and evaluating ROI and refined targets to improve direct mail results.
- Built corporate computer training center from ground up listed among top 25 for 10 consecutive years running in The Kansas City Business Journal.
- Forged partnerships with 6 major colleges to launch satellite programs for higher education.
UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI
Bachelor of Arts in Communications
Mass Communications emphasis | PR & Promotions related field
Minor Hours in Graphic Design